It’s funny how…
- Generations ago large families were the norm in spite of the fact that we are told that modesty and abstinence until marriage cause people to have hang-ups about sex.
- Politicians say that to get out of economic problems the government needs to spend more money while at the same time they tell us that as consumers we cause all our own problems by taking on debt we can’t afford.
- Bureaucrats tell us that it makes perfect sense to teach kids to say “no” to drugs and cigarettes but then tell us we must hand out condoms because kids don’t listen.
- Celebrities think that their opinion about ANYTHING matters more than your opinion or mine.
- In spite of thousands of years of human history to the contrary, there are still people who think that if you talk nice to a ruthless dictator he will throw down his weapons and sing “Kumbaya” with you.
- Finally, a quote by Robert A. Heinlein who said, “The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.” – To which I respond, “Hardly anyone?”
I know I am not the only one who sees irony everywhere. What are your “It’s Funny How…” thoughts?Print This Post